Why create an account?
What is Moodle?
Moodle is an online learning platform that we use to create the courses. There are other types of learning platforms available online but this is the one that we chose to use.
For children aged 12 and under
If you are 12 or under we have a free, guest access, course called ‘Being Healthy’.
You can get to it by this link - 'Being Healthy (for under 12s)'
If you want to do any other courses for children aged 12 or under on this site you must get your parents’ permission. They can create an account for you and they should be with you when you use this site.
What are the benefits of creating an account?
Want to try before you sign up?
We have a course available for young people, 'My CHIME - What's good for wellbeing?', which can be accessed without creating an account. This way you can get an idea of what the courses are like. Our courses include a mixture of interactive elements, information, YouTube videos and images.
You can access it using this link - My CHIME - What's good for wellbeing?
What information we require and why?
- Name - so that the Moodle system can identify you (please note this is used in forum activities).
- Username - this is the name you use to login with.
- Email address - this is so that the Moodle system can email you with any notifications.
- Gender, year of birth, age, ethnicity and sexual orientation - these are known as demographics and allow us to find out who is using our courses.
- Postcode for UK users (first 3 or 4 digits only) - this is so we can check you live within the area that our courses are available in. By sharing the first 3 or 4 digits of your postcode we cannot figure out exactly where you live.
- Whether the student is a service user, carer, staff or staff from other organisations - this allows us to understand the reason why people are accessing our site.
You can read our privacy and data protection policy for more information about what we do with your data.
Not comfortable sharing personal information?
That's fine with us...
- Not all questions are mandatory and many you can select 'I prefer not to give this information'.
- You can sign up using a pseudonym (alternative name) for greater anonymity.
Who can see my information?
Your data as you use this site is private to you - your parents, carers, teachers and mental health services cannot access it. We only hold the information mentioned above and we do not need to access this information once your account has been created. Your data may be used anonymously to analyse the use of the website or if you provide feedback to help us to improve the courses.